Yes we can....with Phoenix
For machine and plant manufacturers who export their products to North America or wish to put them into circulation within the area of application, the laws and regulations applicable there apply. One of the most important industry-specific standards besides the NEC is NFPA 79. NFPA 79 is revised every three years, following the NEC, and adopts its innovations.
Find out what requirements electrical equipment must meet under NFPA 79 for the use of surge protection modules (SPDs). Play it safe with us.
The applicable edition is determined by the state in which the machine is used. As a result, different editions are valid throughout North America. It is therefore recommended that you always take note of the most recent edition.
NFPA 79 - Edition 2021
- Overvoltage protection is mandatory for industrial machines with safety-related circuits that are not yet adequately protected against overvoltages.
- Surge protection modules (SPD) must be UL listed.
- An SPD type 4 in the switch cabinet must correspond to the type of location of the machine and be marked accordingly.
- An SPD type 4 may only be installed by the control cabinet manufacturer.
NFPA 79 - 2018 Edition
- Overvoltage protection is mandatory for industrial machines with safety-related circuits (Safety).
- Surge protection modules (SPD) must be UL registered.
- An SPD type 4 in the control cabinet must correspond to the type of location of the machine and must be marked.
Our solution - your benefits
- VAL-US products are UL-Listed and can be universally applied to all site types
- No exceeding of the short-circuit current due to a high short-circuit resistance of 200 kA
- Simplified installation inspection by inspectors as regulations in accordance with NFPA 79 are complied with
- Products available throughout Europe, can be used and installed due to CE marking
Download the guideline here